All adults working with the boys must take Youth Protection Training (1 hr). To do this:
1. Go to https://my.scouting.org/
2. Create an account. DO NOT LOSE your username and password
3. There should be a big button "Take Youth Protection Training" you can click on.
4. Once complete, email the certificate to Vicki Burns.
5. If you have a BSA ID number, go to "My account" and add it to your profile. That way all your online training will be associated with you.
TO RENEW YOUR YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING, LOGIN, THEN CLICK ON "HOME" THEN "MY DASHBOARD" THEN "YPT"
Adult leaders are considered trained and eligible to wear the official Trained emblem once they have completed basic training. This training is mandatory for all Assistant Scoutmasters in Troop 61, and recommended for any adults volunteering with the boys.
BASIC TRAINING REQUIREMENTS FOR ADULTS
- Youth Protection (online)
- Leader Specific Training (eg. Scoutmaster). Offered online (several hours). Also offered in a classroom. Usually a 1 day course on a Saturday.
- Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills. Usually an overnight course from Friday night to Saturday night.
SUPPLEMENTAL AND ADVANCED TRAINING FOR ADULTS
- Troop Committee Challenge (online, recommended for Committee members)
- Health and Safety
- Safety Afloat
- Safe Swim Defense
- Wood Badge
- Philmont Leadership Challenge
- and many more.