To REGISTER as a Troop 61 Merit Badge Counselor:
1. Fill in the Merit Badge Counselor Application Form (see "Forms" on Homepage). Note you may specify if you just want to be a Counselor for Troop 61 or if youth from around the District may contact you.
2. Complete pages 4 and 5 of the BSA Adult Application Form (see "Forms" on Homepage)
- Enter position code “42” and “Merit Badge Counselor” as the position (even if you hold another position in the Troop)
- This form is required even if you are already registered with BSA
3. Take Youth Protection
- It takes about 25 minutes online.
- Go to https://my.scouting.org/ and click on "Youth Protection Training". If you don’t have an account you will have to create one. If you don’t have a membership id leave that blank. Put your username and password in a safe place!
- Note you will have to retake this course every 2 years